The Hilo Reference A/D D/A Converter System from Lynx Studio Technology offers two channels of mastering-quality 24-bit/192 kHz analog to digital conversion, up to six channels of digital to analog conversion, a secondary monitor output, and a world-class independent headphone amplifier, in a compact, half-rack size. Lightweight (at 6.75 lb) and portable, it provides audio professionals and audiophiles alike with pristine, open, and transparent audio quality, whether working in the studio, in the field, or as part of a home theater setup.
Hilo comes with a preinstalled LT-TB Thunderbolt interface card and offers a multitude of flexible digital I/O options. These include stereo AES/EBU, stereo coaxial S/PDIF, stereo optical S/PDIF (switchable to 8-channel ADAT lightpipe), and 16 channels of Thunderbolt communication to a host computer. Any digital input can be routed to any analog or digital output, and all digital outputs can have unique combinations of source inputs via the onboard 32-channel digital mixer.
The unit’s front panel is elegant in its simplicity and features a color LCD touchscreen display which allows you to quickly and intuitively set parameters for basic settings, routing functions, clocking, level settings, and more. It also offers a variety of accurate metering and measurement tools such as bar-graph metering of all inputs/outputs, old-style VU meters, and a 30-band Real Time Spectrum Analyzer (RTA) screen.
Hilo can operate as a standalone converter/mixer, and can be powered by standard 110-230 VAC power or remotely with 9-18 VDC, using standard video battery packs or car cigarette-lighter outlets.
- Full-featured, state-of-the-art A/D D/A reference converter
- Supports two channels of mastering-quality A/D conversion at up to 24-bit/192 kHz, and six channels of D/A conversion
- Preinstalled LT-TB Thunderbolt interface
- Redesigned analog stages and converter topology lower distortion and noise while maintaining transparency for A/D and D/A conversion
- SynchroLock word clock for stable word clock and maximum jitter rejection
- 12 total inputs, 16 total outputs, plus 32 channels possible via LSlot port
- 2 x balanced analog line inputs with 8 trim level settings
- Flexible digital I/O section offers stereo AES/EBU, stereo coaxial S/PDIF, stereo optical S/PDIF (switchable to 8-channel ADAT lightpipe), and 16 channels of Thunderbolt communication to a host computer
- Line out, monitor out, and headphone output have their own dedicated D/A converters and independent input/routing selection
- Color LCD display with backlit touchscreen, bar graph metering of all inputs/outputs, large VU-style meters – allows setting of all sample rates, sync settings, signal routing, meter options, future functions
- Stereo 30-band Real Time Spectrum Analyzer (RTA) screen
- Onboard, low-latency 32-channel digital mixer lets you route and combine any input to any output
- Sample rate conversion
- DSD playback
- LSlot expansion bay allows for a wide array of current connectivity options to include USB 2.0, Thunderbolt, Dante, and future formats
- Can operate with no expansion card installed, as a strictly standalone AD/DA converter / format converter / router / sample rate converter, and more
- Dual power option, 110-230 VAC or 9-18 VDC via battery pack / car outlet
- Updatable FPGA technology allows addition of future features
- English, Spanish, French, and German menu sets
- Lightweight, portable design – half-rack, 2 RU
- Made in the USA